Deanna McLaughlin has extensive experience working with people of all ages and levels of mental and physical abilities. Combining her skills as an educator, yogi, and former art therapist, Deanna guides students on their inward journey to gain flexibility, build concentration, reduce stress of the mind and body, and tap into natural abilities to create positive, healing energy from within. Emphasis is placed on the physiology of the posture, and the healing opportunities that increase as one learns how to integrate the openness in the body created by the movement while focusing on one’s breath. Chi – Gong is incorporated at the beginning and end of the class to promote a supple body and a subtle mind. Deanna has studied guided meditation, relaxation, guided imagery, Chi – gong, Hatha yoga and the Tao Yin form of yoga since 1988. During this time, she has developed an integration of these forms into a soft flowing yet challenging style that is accommodating and assessable for every type of body.
Promoting an understanding of how the organs and the physical body benefits from the poses is accentuated so participants gain understanding of how one can heal ones own mind, spirit and body. Discipline of the mind and body, she believes, leads to improved mental, physical, and spiritual health; increased productivity, clarity of thought, a sense of inner peace, balance and joy.
Deanna has taught well over 6000 documented hours of stress management and yoga in private classes, workshops, seminars, lectures and provides corporate strategic planning sessions, demonstrations at private and public events, and for conventions locally and throughout the U.S.
This is a list of clients who have engaged Deanna to hold programs and seminars on stress and anxiety related topics with behavioural and health challenged audiences.
- Main Line Health Center Alternative and Complementary Medicine conference, MLHC, Media, PA
- Alternative Medicine Conference for Osteopathic Physicians. Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Bryn Mawr Hospital Annual Alternative Medicine Solutions for Cancer Patients. Bryn Mawr, PA
- Alternative Medicine Conference. Joan Carnell Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Abington Hospital Cancer treatment facility, Abington, PA
- Temple University Prostate and Neck and Throat Cancer patients, Philadelphia, PA
- Bryn Mawr Hospital Breast Cancer Survivors, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Joan Carnell Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Paoli Cancer Center, Paoli, Pa
- Holy Redeemer Cancer Treatment Center, Huntingdon Valley, PA.
- Y.A.L.E. Alternative High School, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Wannamaker Middle School, Philadelphia, PA
- Showalter Middle School, Chester, PA
- The American Museum Association Conference, Convention Center Philadelphia, PA.
- Various Yoga Teacher trainings; Atlantic City, N.J, Baltimore, MD., Lansdale, PA.
- Retreats in PA, NJ, NY and Montego Bay, Jamaica, Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic.
- Continuing Education Provider, Yoga Alliance. 2016.
- Universal Healing Tao Instructor: Iron Shirt Chi-Gong, Microcosmic Orbit, Healing Sounds. Chaing Mai, Thailand, 2015
- Yoga Express Board of Experts panel. Manhattan, NY 2011
- Certified: Lin Zi Chi Kung level 1 Spirit Wind School . Philadelphia, PA. 2011
- Certified: Taoist Yoga with Paulie Zink, Lenox, MA. 2008
- Registered ERYT 500 through Yoga Alliance, 2003
- Certified: Tao Yin yoga, Tai Chi and Chi Gong studies with Master Youngmann Park of Korea, 1998
- Certified: Taoist Yoga, through Spirit Wind with Sifu Chik Mason. Philadelphia, PA. 1996.